SUN HYDRAULICS Ventable, pilot-operated, balanced piston relief main stage with integral T-8A control cavity – before check (HVCA8DN)
The relief-before-check cartridge is a CavitySaver™ (multi-function) valve incorporating a normally closed, balanced piston modulating element tee’d in before a check function. The valve incorporates an integral pilot control cavity. The pilot control cavity will accept any T-8A pressure control cartridge. When the pressure at the inlet (port 2) reaches the pilot control valve setting, the modulating element starts to open to tank (port 3), throttling flow to regulate the pressure. The T-8A pilot section is drained to port 4. The check valve flow is from the inlet (port 2) to the system port (port1).
- Note! This valve deviates from Sun’s normal flow path for relief valves. It is probably not useable in current Sun relief manifolds.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- The main stage orifice is protected against contamination.
- The check portion of the valve has a maximum leakage rate of less than 1 drop/minute (0,07 cc/min).
- One purpose of this dual function cartridge is to offer pump isolation and relief protection in single and/or multiple pump circuits. Another purpose is to act as a main stage in an accumulator sense, pump unload circuit.
- NOTE: With the -8 control option, the main stage valve should first be installed to the correct torque value. The T-8A pilot control valve should then be installed into the main stage valve to its required torque value.
Flow – 40 lpm
Pressure – 350 bar
Cavity – T- 21A